By US Equestrian Communications Department
Lexington, Ky. – US Equestrian has announced the 10 athletes who have been selected to the U.S. Jumping Team Olympic Short List for continued observation ahead of team selection for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games later this summer.
The following athletes and horses have been selected to the U.S. Jumping Team Olympic Short List and are listed in alphabetical order:
- Lucy Deslauriers (New York, N.Y.) and Hester, a 16-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding owned by Lisa Deslauriers
- Kent Farrington (Wellington, Fla.) with Austria 2, a 13-year-old Holsteiner mare owned by Take The High Road LLC, and Gazelle, a 15-year-old Belgian Warmblood mare owned by Robin Cleary Parsky
- Bliss Heers (Las Vegas, Nev.) and Antidote de Mars, an 11-year-old Selle Français stallion owned by Bridgeside Farms LLC
- Laura Kraut (Royal Palm Beach, Fla.) with Baloutinue, an 11-year-old Hanoverian gelding owned by St. Bride’s Farm; Confu, a 14-year-old Holsteiner gelding owned by St. Bride’s Farm; and Goldwin, a 9-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding owned by Stars and Stripes
- Beezie Madden (Cazenovia, N.Y.) with Breitling LS, a 15-year-old Dutch Warmblood stallion owned by Abigail Wexner; Chic Hin D Hyrencourt, a 13-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding owned by Abigail Wexner; and Garant, a 10-year-old KWPN gelding owned by Abigail Wexner
- Brian Moggre (Flower Mound, Texas) with Balou du Reventon, a 15-year-old Oldenburg stallion owned by Ann Thompson, and MTM Vivre Le Reve, a 12-year-old Westphalian gelding owned by Major Wager LLC
- Devin Ryan (Long Valley, N.J.) and Eddie Blue, a 12-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by LL Show Jumpers, LLC
- Jessica Springsteen (Los Angeles, Calif.) with Don Juan van de Donkhoeve, a 12-year-old Belgian Warmblood stallion owned by Stone Hill Farm, and RMF Zecilie, a 14-year-old Holsteiner mare owned by Rushy Marsh Farm LLC
- Adrienne Sternlicht (Greenwich, Conn.) with Bennys Legacy, a 13-year-old Oldenburg gelding owned by Starlight Farms 1 LLC; Cristalline, a 13-year-old Bavarian Warmblood mare owned by Starlight Farms 1 LLC; and Just a Gamble, a 12-year-old Belgian Warmblood mare owned by Starlight Farms 1 LLC
- McLain Ward (Brewster, N.Y.) with Contagious, a 12-year-old Deutsches Sportpferd gelding owned by Beechwood Stables LLC; HH Azur, a 15-year-old Belgian Warmblood mare owned by Double H Farm; and Kasper van het Hellehof, an 11-year-old Belgian Warmblood stallion owned by Poden Farms
Athletes and horses will compete in designated CSIO/CSI observation events, including the Longines FEI Jumping Nations Cup™ of Poland CSIO5* in Sopot, Poland and the Longines FEI Jumping Nations Cup™ of The Netherlands CSIO5* in Rotterdam, the Netherlands and will be led by Chef d’Equipe Robert Ridland. Final team selection will be announced by July 5, 2021. All nominations to the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team are subject to approval by the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee.