By US Equestrian Communications Department
US Equestrian is pleased to announce the athlete-and-horse combinations that have been selected for the U.S. Eventing European Development Tour for the summer of 2023.
The following combinations are listed in alphabetical order:
- Jenny Caras (Buckhead, Ga.) and Trendy Fernhill, a 2011 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Elyse Eisenberg
- Andrew McConnon (Vass, N.C.) and Ferrie’s Cello, a 2012 Warmblood gelding owned by Jeanne Shigo
- Caroline Pamukcu (Miami Beach, Fla.) and HSH Blake, a 2015 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Caroline Pamukcu, Sherrie Martin, and Mollie Hoff
- Cassie Sanger (Lakeville, Conn.) and Fernhill Zoro, her own 2008 Irish Sport Horse gelding
The following combinations have been selected as alternates and are listed in ranked order:
- Mia Farley (Ocala, Fla.) and BGS Firecracker, her own 2010 Irish Sport Horse mare
- Mia Farley and Phelps, a 2013 Thoroughbred gelding owned by David O’Connor
- James Alliston (San Ramon, Calif.) and Nemesis, a 2014 Canadian Warmblood gelding owned by Alliston Equestrian
- Allie Knowles (Lexington, Ky.) and Morswood, a 2008 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Katherine O’Brien
The selected athletes will compete in the FEI Eventing Nations Cup™ Poland CCIO4*-NC-S at the Strzegom (POL) Horse Trials, June 21-25, 2023, under the direction of USEF Eventing Emerging and Development Coach Leslie Law. The athletes will also attend CHIO Aachen (GER), June 30-July 1, 2023, to observe the competition. The Tour participants will receive funding through USEF, and the USET Foundation thanks to the Karen E. Stives Endowment.