Hometown: West Grove, Pennsylvania
• Member of the 2016 U.S. Olympic Eventing Team
• Placed fourth and fifth with Mighty Nice and Fernhill Cubalawn, respectively, at the 2016 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by Land Rover
• Won the Red Hills International Horse Trials CIC3* with Fernhill Fugitive
Phillip Dutton rose to eventing stardom in Australia before settling in the United States. He participated in four World Championships and won consecutive Team Gold medals at the 1996 and 2000 Olympic Games as a member of the Australian Eventing Team.
With a desire to train in a more internationally competitive environment and train for the 1996 Olympic Games, Dutton moved to the United States in 1991. Dutton officially became a U.S. citizen in 2006 and started to compete for his adoptive country. He made an impact on U.S. eventing immediately, winning an Individual Silver Medal and Team Gold Medal at the 2007 Pan American Games. He was a member of the U.S. Team at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games and made three consecutive U.S. Olympic Eventing Teams (2008, 2012, and 2016).
Very active on the U.S. eventing circuit, Dutton won the United States Eventing Association (USEA) Leading Rider of the Year title in 1998. He won the award again in 2000, which began an 11-year streak, while also picking it up in 2012.
Dutton has been based in Pennsylvania since 1991. He is married to his wife, Evie, has a stepdaughter, Lee Lee, and twin daughters, Mary and Olivia. The Duttons run a very busy training and teaching business at True Prospect Farm, and Dutton’s list of students is a “Who’s Who” of the stars of the sport. He considers his biggest accomplishment being able to make a living doing what he enjoys. When he’s not competing or traveling, Dutton spends time with his family and enjoys all sports. Dutton is a founding member of the Professional Riders Organization (PRO).
• Won the Cloud 11 ~ Gavilan North LLC Carolina International CIC3* with I’m Sew Ready; runner-up with Mighty Nice in the CIC2* division
• Won the Rolex/USEF CCI4* Eventing National Championship with Fernhill Cubalawn
• Team Gold medalist with Fernhill Fugitive at the Pan American Games
• Team Bronze medalist with Fernhill Cubalawn in the Nations Cup at Aachen, Germany CICO3*
• Placed third with Fernhill Cubalawn at the Plantation Field International CIC3*
• The Dutta Corp./USEF Three- and Two-Star Eventing Reserve National Champion with Mighty Nice and Z, respectively