Plan your special event at Hamilton Farm
This beloved equestrian landmark is a secluded and hidden gem located in bucolic Gladstone in the heart of the fox-hunting country of New Jersey. The historic stable, grounds and show ring are available for horse shows, weddings, festivals, corporate functions, off-road automotive events and whatever else your creativity can suggest. The photos show the palette – the only limitations to your own unforgettable event are the boundaries of your imagination.
Hamilton Farm is located a half mile down a country lane, close to major roads, but quietly situated, surrounded by a beautiful golf course. The spectacular architecture lends itself to elegant social events, corporate gatherings and charity galas.
- Rotunda – the arched central entrance leads to an octagonal space with fired brick walls and floors, decorated with plaques from international competitions. A very high glass ceiling surrounded by glazed tile gives the feeling of airiness within an enclosed space. The rear door leads to the competition arena and a side corridor leads to the stall area. A door off the Rotunda leads to the second floor Trophy Room.
- Trophy Room – features hand-carved walnut panels and trophy cases depicting the history of the United States Equestrian Team. In the center of the room is a glass floor which allows guests to observe the Rotunda below. Rich green carpeting covers the floor and overhead is a painted glass skylight. Two small kitchens are located just outside the Trophy Room for easy access by caterers. Spectacular French windows at either end overlook the golf course and competition arena respectively.
- Library – the Whitney Stone Library is a very large second floor room with long tables, comfortable chairs and a large projection screen. It is suitable for meetings, seminars, presentations and the like.
- Barn Area – the barn contains 54 box stalls on two levels. The ground-level section, adjacent to the Rotunda, features 12 varnished hardwood stalls with brass finials and cork brick floors.
- Competition Arena – a sand-based arena suitable for horse sports. Outside the ring a macadam pad along one side would support a long, rectangular tent and the arena itself can be tented. There is also tenting capability between the arena and the stable building itself.
- Pine Meadow – a very large grass and treed area featuring multiple competition rings, groves for vendors and ample parking across the road. Frequently used for driving competitions (horses) and off-road events (automobiles).
- North Field – a very large grassy field with two warm-up rings for horse shows, tented stable capabilities and ample parking.
Note: the Trophy Room and the Library are not Handicap-Accessible.